JSE listed Imperial introduced that it has acquired Parcelninja on 1 February 2021 in one of many largest ecommerce offers in South Africa.
Parcelninja was based in 2013 by Justin Drennan, Ryan Drennan, and Terence Murphy and it launched its first industrial companies in October 2014.
It gives South African on-line retailers an reasonably priced outsourcing answer for all their fulfilment wants.
They combine with most present e-commerce engines and supply sensible product warehousing, choosing and packing, courier optimisation, and real-time reporting.
Parcelninja is subsequently a logical match for Imperial and helps the corporate to realize its ambition of strengthening its digital choices.
“This acquisition helps Imperial’s strategic ambitions to speed up our digital capabilities and broaden our logistics and market entry companies into last-mile distribution, e-commerce fulfilment, footprint and scale in Africa, whereas making certain native relevance for our shoppers and principals,” Imperial stated.
Imperial has additionally introduced that its $20 million Imperial Innovation Fund now has 5 actively managed portfolio corporations:
- Area Intelligence, a digital pharmaceutical distributor working in Nigeria and Kenya.
- Shypple, a digital freight forwarder working between Asia and Europe.
- RedBird, a supplier of fast diagnostic assessments to pharmacies in Ghana.
- Lori, a digital street freight trade working in East and West Africa that has additionally partnered with Imperial to launch in SADC throughout 2021.
- An funding in a cross-border digital logistics service supplier serving e-commerce retailers in MENA.
The Lori Methods deal was concluded in November 2020 which provides it entry to cutting-edge e-logistics expertise options throughout Africa.
Lori Methods is the main e-logistics platform in Africa and co-ordinates haulage in frontier markets.
Imperial stated its partnership with Lori Methods within the Southern African Improvement Group (SADC) area will assist to develop Africa’s street freight business by means of digital innovation and enablement.
— to mybroadband.co.za